Dairy Barn Self-Catering Unit
Manor Road, Wroxall, Isle of Wight PO38 3DF
The Dairy Barn is a former dairy built in traditional stone in the 1800's. It is adjacent to the Hay Loft which is a small apartment at first floor level. It is situated beside Manor Road which is a rural cul-de-sac of approximately half a mile long serving two farms and 11 other properties. This Access Statement, which we are required to provide, should be read in conjunction with our website to obtain full details of the property. If you have any queries, please call. We look forward to welcoming you.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We have a website www.dairybarnisleofwight.co.uk where details of the property can be found or please visit www.wightfarmholidays.co.uk.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via email or telephone. Please contact our Property Manager, Sally Richards, at email@example.com or 01983 855163.
- The nearest bus stop is in Wroxall village which is approximately half a mile away.
- The nearest train station is at Shanklin 4 miles away. It links with the mainland via the Wightlink ferry service which goes directly from the station at Ryde Pier head to Portsmouth Harbour Station.
- Luggage can be unloaded at the front of the Dairy Barn.
- There is farmyard parking close to the front door.
- The Dairy Barn is approached from the farmyard which leads onto Manor Road.
- The entrance has one step - 18cm high, 80cm deep, 150cm wide.
- There is a small covered porch and there is ample lighting which can be switched on both internally and externally.
- The door is 120cm wide.
- There is a weather bar of 2cm high across the length of the threshold of the entrance door.
- The entrance leads directly into the spacious Dining Room from which there is access to the Lounge, Kitchen, Cloakroom, gun cupboard, and staircase to the first floor.
- There is a ground floor wc which is accessed from the Dining Room through the Cloakroom. The door width is 72cm wide. The toilet seat height is 45cm. The space to the right of the toilet is 22cm and the left 46cm. There are no support rails.
- The Dining Room has a double door entry to the Lounge (width 133cm), a door to the Kitchen (width 71cm), a door to the Cloakroom (width 70cm) and a staircase leading to the first floor.
- The Dining Room table has legs at each corner, 64cm floor to lowest point of table (under space). The table is 2.45m long and 0.92m wide and 78cm high.
- 8 chairs (all movable) with padded seats of which six have no arms, height 50cm.
- There is ample free space to allow entry to all the other rooms.
- The flooring is stone.
- Access through double doors from the Dining Room (width 133cm).
- Flooring is short piled carpet fitted at the entrance door with a carpet strip of 3mm threshold.
- Furniture is movable.
- There are two sofas, height 40cm, and two armchairs, height 35cm.
- There is a Cleaview wood-burning stove.
- A basket of fire wood is provided on arrival and further firewood should be purchased from Sally Richards. For safety reasons you are advised not to use the net sacks of firewood which can be purchased in local shops. Please ask for instructions from Sally before using.
- Teletex TV provided with remote control and access to basic Sky services.
- DVD and VHS video recorder are integral.
- There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size washer/drier which is front loaded provided in the kitchen
- There is a two-acre woodland garden which is reserved for your use. It is accessed from the courtyard, crossing Manor Road, and across a small footbridge over a ditch. There are no hand rails on the footbridge, but wide gate access can be obtained 33m up the road.
- There are two pub type table seats measuring 78cm high and 72cm wide with fixed seats.
- Hard standing for a B-B-Q.
- There are three bedrooms, all en-suite. They have twin beds which are normally joined together and made up as double beds.
- Non-feather duvets and pillows provided in each room.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are either 100% cotton or poly-cotton.
- TV points are provided in each bedroom.
- Reached via a staircase of 13 steps, each 18cm high, 16cm deep and 83cm wide.
- There is a hand rail on one side.
- At the top of the stairs there is a corridor 12m long and 0.90m wide from which doors (width 70cm) lead directly into each of the three bedrooms.
- Short pile carpet from the foot of the stairs and throughout the first floor, but not in bathrooms.
- All rooms have their own bathrooms and toilets.
- Twin 3ft beds which are joined together to make one 6ft double bed.
- Bed height 65cm.
- Distance between bed and walls 60cm and 135cm, free space clear of door.
- Spacious en-suite bathroom reached through door 70cm wide with a threshold of 3mm high. Contains bath/shower unit, toilet and hand basin with wooden topped vanity unit.
- Built-in wardrobe with entrance door 60cm wide.
- Twin 2ft6in beds which are joined together to make one 5ft double bed.
- Bed height 65cm.
- Distance between bed and walls 80cm and 30cm, free space clear of the door.
- En-suite bathroom reached through door 70cm wide with a threshold of 3mm high. Contains shower cubicle, toilet and hand basin with wooden topped vanity unit.
- Built-in wardrobe with entrance door 65cm wide.
Bathrooms & WC's
- Two 3ft beds joined together to make one 6ft double bed.
- Bed height 65cm.
- Distance between bed and walls 140cm and 120cm, free space clear of door.
- En-suite bathroom reached through door 70cm wide with a threshold of 3mm high. Contains bath/shower, toilet, basin and wooden topped vanity unit.
- Large walk-in wardrobe with entrance door 60cm wide.
- Provided with basin. Height of toilet 45cm. Access through door (72cm wide) leading from Cloakroom.
- All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Two bathrooms have combined bath/power shower unit and one bedroom has an enclosed shower cubicle of 115cm wide and 70cm deep.
- All bathrooms have toilets 44cm high and wash basins with wooden topped vanity tops 83cm high.
- All bathrooms have laminated flooring.
- The downstairs toilet has a stone floor.
- Release mechanisms on outside of locked doors.
- Kitchen entrance from Dining Room through door 70cm wide.
- Worktop height 91cm.
- Aga has two side opening oven doors, Aga hot plates are 92cm high.
- Separate electric cooking unit with a drop down door. The hob is 96cm high.
- Kitchen table of 78cm high, 168cm long and 68cm wide with under space of 64cm.. It has legs at all four corners.
- Bench seating on two sides of 52cm high and free-standing chairs on other two of 45cm high.
- Stone flooring.
- Generous free space between all units and kitchen table.
- Evenly lit kitchen with spot lights above.
- Larder fridge/freezer with highest shelf in fridge 160cm and lowest drawer in freezer 35cm.
- An information folder is produced in mainly size 12 font.
- Light switches and power points are at sensible heights to reach from sitting and standing positions.
- Pay telephone.
- Poor mobile phone reception Vodafone but reasonable on Orange.
|Address||The Dairy Barn, Manor Road, Wroxall,|
Ventnor, Isle of Wight PO38 3DF
|Local public transport numbers |
|Train:||0845 748 4950|
|Local accessible Taxi numbers|
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve.
If you have any comments please phone Sally on 01983 855163 or email her at